Monday, October 20, 2008

Home again!!

First of all, Cal's surgery went perfectly. He has a cast like wrap covering his hand and wrist, but he is doing great. He was very brave, and hasn't had any pain with it. It will stay on for 4 weeks or more, then the pins will be taken out of his finger.

Ah, after 800+ miles of driving, we are home. We left at 5am for Mackinac Island, leaving our sleeping children with sleeping Grandma (who slept over the night before). We got to Mackinac City in plenty of time to catch the early ferry (2:30) instead of the 4:30 one. I was treated like a queen for my 30th birthday. It was a beautiful weekend--the colors, of course, and the weather couldn't have been better (unless we would've gone the previous weekend when it was 80 degrees!) Our room at the Chippewa was a suite and overlooked the lake--it was so nice. I even got a one hour massage. My husband is such a nice guy! All in all a great weekend--lots of walking, we biked the entire island (no motorized vehicles are allowed on the island, residents and tourists get around on bike, horse, or on foot!). The night of my bday, we went out for a delicious meal at Goodfellow's restaurant (I highly reccommend it if you ever go). It's so nice there, and it's filled with awesome Victorian houses. I just can't get enough of those : ) One day when Mike is gone, I would love to put all the fancy looking trim and scrolly things on our house that so many Victorian houses have. He doesn't like that gingerbread house look, but I love it!!

I will post pics soon, I haven't even uploaded them yet!! We got home around bedtime last night, and after the kids went to bed, I was ready for bed (after watching the final inning of the baseball game, of course).

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

I'm glad you made it home safely. I can't wait to see your pictures!

Morgan said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Can't wait to see the pics and the scrapbook pages! :)