Monday, October 6, 2008

Exciting past week...

We bought season tickets to the Brewers for 2009!! Yea for us!! So, that allowed us tickets to go to post season games. Mike went this past Saturday (we'll get to where I was in just a bit...) Mike and I went Sunday. It was really sad that they lost, and the post season is over for them. But, there's always next year, and we'll be at lots of games!

So other exciting happenings in the last week or two:

We met our friends' little baby boy, Jonah, for the first time. They came over for dinner, and they have two other children who are one year younger than Kaycey and Maddie. It worked out great--everyone played together very nicely. Maddie kept calling her friend, "Curly" (Kaylee). That was definitely the comedy of the evening.

Our other friends had a little boy almost two weeks ago, and we are meeting him (Gavin) tonight.

I went to a New Kids on the Block concert on Saturday in Illinois!!! I have to admit, I wasn't sure how fun it would be--I mean, five guys 20 years later--can they still break it down?? Will they sing old stuff?? And oh, my--we were not disappointed. It was awesome. We, nerds that we are : ), are going to the show in Milwaukee now, too, & got closer seats. My camera didn't work particularly well, but I got a couple decent shots. The best was my cousin decked out in all her old school garb! It was great! So my sister and I went to Dad's house and got our old T-shirst and pins that were in the basement in a bin. We ate dinner at Rainforest Cafe (yummy) and the waitstaff really got a kick out of us. I don't think anyone believed we were old enough (we ranged in age from 7 to 13 at the time I believe) & they were shocked the New Kids were back!! "you mean the 'oh-oh-ohohoh' guys?", the one waiter asked. The block is back!! And better than ever!!!



My sister and cousin, Sara
The ring, the bracelet, the watch, the hat, the pins, the t's...all from back in the day!!!!


Me & my cousin, Laura


No comments: