Monday, October 27, 2008

part one of Mackinac pictures

I am going to do 2 posts of some pictures from Mackinac, because it takes alot of shuffling them around to make it look right on the blog. Then I'll do another post with pictures of my layouts from this past weekend's retreat I went to!! It was a nice place, and good to be with friends, and great to be scrapbooking of course!! It was more of a Bed and Breakfast place. But I think the 2 weekends in a row away were too much. I wouldn't have gone to the retreat this past weekend had I known way back when I registered for it that Mike and I would go away the weekend before. But oh well, it was still fun.

Cal, the day of his surgery.


On the way to Mackinac, we stopped in Schoolcraft County (somewhere in Michigan). Really pretty, and lots of land for sale!! (Someday I want to have a summer cabin on the lake!!!!)


The Mackinac Bridge is the longest bridge in the US over freshwater (maybe the longest in the world, I can't remember...)


The Grand Hotel from our ferry (there was a window so the picture isn't great)
Views from our hotel room's balcony



The Grand up close--the Grand is the largest summer resort in the world



me & Mike


me & Mike on the tandem bike


Arch Rock--we didn't stay long at this point, some really stupid people were throwing rocks down from the top, so we quickly rode out of there!





Fort Holmes, highest point above sea level on island

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

Wow, that is so beautiful. What a great time of year to go there!