Friday, January 8, 2010

playing catch up

December 27-Mike & Elizabeth's anniversary & Sadie smiles for real for the first time : )
December 30-Maddie has a fever of 103.7, urgent care is closed and we really don't want to go to Childrens' Hospital. We avoid that place when and if we can. We kept checking her & her temp. through the night and decided that we'd go to urgent care first thing in the morning.

But look at those cheeks!!! So cute.
December 31-Maddie goes to urgent care, has pneumonia. Kaycey and Maddie had been coughing all week...Cal slept over by my grandparents, a tradition on New Years, something he has done for 4 years (maybe 5??)

January 1-Happy New Year!! Kaycey wipes out on the kitchen floor and cracks her chin open. Off to Children's Hospital for stitches (couldn't avoid Children's...since it was on Kaycey's face we wanted to make sure if she needed to see a specialist we were in the right place.) Of course, as to be expected, Kaycey makes nothing of getting stitches. Doesn't make a peep at the hospital.
Four teeny tiny stitches on her little chin.
Maddie is feeling MUCH better. Amazing what a dose or two of an antibiotic can do.

January 2-my grandpa's birthday. He's 11. Yep, you read that right. (He counts backwards, something he started when he was 40 I think.) Cal and Papa will both be 11 in 2010. Poor Sadie has developed a cough now.

Time to take the tree down...I usually leave it up thru Maddie's birthday, but we decided it's time to take a tree down when it sounds like it is raining (needles) when you walk by it. Thankfully, my Grandma came over to help pack stuff away, or it might still be sitting here. Check out all those needles. It's beginning to look alot like a Charlie Brown tree once we took the lights off.
Here's whats left of the tree after Mike cut off the top and all the branches and threw them out the back door.
January 3-take Sadie to Children's because she is coughing so hard she is throwing up and not keeping anything down. (Now we are not the type to go to the E.R. for just anything. ARGH!! Children's again...have I told you how I can't stand that place?? Trust me, I don't go there unless I absolutely NEED to!!) Her breathing seemed labored, as well. Dx, clear lungs, no fevers, so it's "just" an upper resp. infection. She sounds awful, and must feel so miserable!! But holy cow, she is already 11lbs, 6oz!!!!

January 4-girls stay home from school. get in to see the doctor for Kaycey--turns out she has a double ear infx. And Sadie, too, so the doc could listen to her again to make sure she hasn't gotten worse. Dr. is concerned about RSV but says Sadie is looking and sounding great all things considered--still clear lungs, no fevers. I also have a doc appt. this day (my post-partum appt). Doctor doesn't know what to tell me about my pain near my hip and above my incision. She thinks it could be a hematoma (bad bruise) or neuroma (ball of nerves). I have a feeling I'll be back in a couple weeks to get it checked out again. It hasn't gotten any better in 6 weeks, in fact, it's becoming more tender.

January 5-Maddie has a check up to make sure her lungs are clearing up. Have to come back in 2 weeks for another chest xray.

January 7-Kaycey gets her stitches out at the doctor. Maddie's 5th birthday,
& it snowed quite a bit. Funny, on this day 2 years ago it was 60 degrees.

January 8-Packer Day at school! Wow, no doc appointments. Poor Sadie is not sounding much better, though.

So that is how 2010 is starting out. Sigh. Here's to a better weekend & better rest of the year!

5 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Love that five picture! I'm sorry you've had to deal with the hospital so much already this year! But Sadie looks absolutely perfect!

Katherine said...

That picture of the tree stump is a crack up. Last year Ricky cut the branches off our tree to too. He thinks it is less messy. I'm not quite sure.

Looks like you are doing well in 2010 taking pictures every day! Good girl!

Mary said...

You need a BIG drink.

Beth said...

I think I'm gonna start counting backwards...I love that idea.

christina said...

ear infections, strep throat, pink eye. I swear it never ends! Your kids look so beautiful and that Sadie is such a cutie pie! Hope you feel better soon.