Sunday, August 7, 2011

*heartbreaking*

A sad post, to ask for many prayers for many people.

Our little neuroblastoma friend, Jack, has been taken off of a trial in Texas because of positive results from a bone marrow aspiration. Doctors are classifying him as "progressive but stable" basically meaning he has cancer, it won't go away, and no one is sure what can be done anymore. The really sad thing is he seems so well--by looking at his photos and hearing of the things he is doing, you wouldn't guess cancer is hanging out in this little guy's body. While I have been that parent of a child with cancer, I hope to never experience the hurt and devastation they are going through--after 6 years of fighting and various tests and trials only to run out of options. I pray their hope and strength stay strong, and I pray for a miracle. Please pray for them and his doctors, that they might find a miraculous cure or solution before it's too late.

My (step) aunt and uncle lost their son-in-law in the helicopter crash in Afghanistan yesterday. Tommy was a Navy SEAL. I never met Tommy, but I am close to Tante Hermi (Aunt Hermi, my stepmom's sister). Hermi was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. She is at the end of treatment, with good prognosis, but it was a very rough year for them. She is very inspired by Kaycey, so Kaycey made many cards and things to send to her to keep her positive through treatments. Andrea is the daughter of Hermi and Michael, and she is Tommy's wife. She is six months pregnant and very recently found out they were having a little girl. This little girl will be the baby sister to two big brothers. I am so sad that she will never meet her Daddy. What bravery and sacrifice this man has given to our country. Please pray for the family. I cannot even imagine what they must be going through. On top of that, Michael's father passed away last night. They have been bombarded with so much in the past year...

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

I'm sorry for all the hard things your friends are going through. It's a sad, hard part of life. I hope they will be strengthened by prayer and faith. Sometimes it's in the darkest times of our lives that we learn the most, and recognize God's hand and purposes for us. May you feel peace and be able to share it with your family and friends. Love ya!