Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Blizzard

Sorry it's been so long...I worked 3 out of 4 nights this week till close (3 or 4am) so I was pretty exhausted and wasn't on the computer a whole lot. But it's so worth the lack of sleep-I'd have to work almost 50 hours at the Scrapbook Store to make what I made in 7 1/2 hours on Monday alone. And the other nights I did just as well. I really wanted to go to an employee crop tonight where we all scrapbook together, but I was asked if I wanted to bartend. So I will be bartending again tonight.

So a few days ago all the snow was almost completely melted, other than a few stubborn spots of deeper snow, or some slushy ice patches here and there. Yesterday we got bombarded with 10+ inches of snow!!! We really need the ground to thaw in order to get that drywall truck in a few weeks, so the snow on the frozen ground will not help that along at all. This next week isn't supposed to warm up a whole lot either.

The fireplace was supposed to be in as of Thursday. I didn't go past after school like I usually do, so I don't know if anyone was there working or not. Mike doesn't think they were there--today will be the first time he is out there since Tuesday when he met the electrician out there. Mike is now working on putting in the TV/cable/phone wires along with the central vac. All of that needs to be done before insulating! I need to take a ride out there tomorrow and decide where I want all the TV outlets to go.

I officially have started packing now!! While packing, I am going through everything and throwing stuff away, and packing up stuff for a rummage sale or whatever. I have gotten through the living room almost entirely, and started the kid's rooms but it will take me a while to get through them I am guessing. The kitchen will be the last to get packed since we will need to use the stuff until we move. The basement will be the hardest to get through...all my scrapbooking stuff! I packed up picture frames, movies and CD's, and alot of toys last night. So I am getting somewhere. My Grandma even came over and helped go through Cal's room--it took hours just to get through what was under his bed!!

Have a safe weekend if you're travelling in this crazy weather. Have a Blessed Easter!

No comments: