I've decided I might be a little selfish here and there and make this blog about me while the house stuff is in a lull. I, of course, will continue to blog about the house when there is something to say about it!! I'll start posting my scrapbook pages and talking about everyday life. I have a story about something I found in my food from a local restaurant but I'll save it for a rainy day. If you get queasy easily, you may want to skip that post : ( yuck. I'll title it "Prepare to be disgusted" or something like that...
So we got 3 copies of the Sports Illustrated special edition with my boyfriend on the cover. We are going to definitely have an area in the basement dedicated to the Packers, particularly Brett. Which here's a funny story--our current house when we moved in had a Packers bathroom. It was kind of obnoxious though, since the wallpaper border was made out of bumper stickers!! Anyhow, we are going to do some sort of collage of the magazine covers and news articles, pictures, etc. For the gal's bath in the basement, I think I'll even make some black and white copies of pictures (I bought all red, black, and white girly stuff for the bathroom clearanced from Kohls!) The stuff reminds me of scrapbooking, and I love b/w pictures, so perfect, I thought, for a bathroom for the ladies!!! Here's a picture of the stuff I bought...the shower curtain is all ruffly and looks like a dress !
Good news from the heating guys this morning, my moving the kitchen around doesn't cause major problems for them as initially was thought. Thank goodness. It's my understanding they just have to move one register, not redo anything entirely. The electrician starts roughing Thursday, and it will take about a week. Once he is done, the house can be insulated and dry wall can come in. We are now in a rush to get this going because the Town of Vernon has weight restrictions on roads in Spring while the ground is thawing. The drywall truck will be incredibly heavy, and wouldn't be able to come down our street if they have restrictions. Had we been able to start last year as we wanted, the big trucks couldn't even come down our street until May I think it was...so here's hoping for quick insulating. The fireplace will be installed next week. And it's not the one I really wanted. We aren't going with the arch top afterall : ( but we are going to arch the stone/brick above it to give it an arched look. We found out the arched fireplace by itself was $3000!!! Yikes. Super duper expensive. That didn't include the stone, brick, logs, labor, installation or tax, either. My uncle is meeting Mike out at the house on Friday and they are going to talk about a security system and wiring a speaker system throughout the house. We thought the speaker idea was unnecessary for us at first, but it's something that's not easily done later, so we figured we might as well. Mike's brother did this when they built their house about 5 years ago and it's awesome. There are speakers in every room and outside, so you could have your IPOD (which I do not have one) playing in every room. Or listening to a Packer game through out the house. It's cool for parties and get togethers. You can have background music constantly going.I am not ready to pack. I really just don't feel like it. I don't know what to pack and what not to pack. Mike is having one of those giant semi-sized PODS delivered to our current house, we'll fill it up, and it will be moved to the new house and sit in the driveway until we are ready to move in. I'm not looking forward to packing or staying anywhere but my own house. I will be so stressed out. I am already way stressed out. I like the idea of going shopping for stuff for the house...stuff that isn't important right now. Maybe that'll make me feel better. A table for the kitchen, chairs for the island, canisters for sugar, etc, a nice small strainer to use in the island sink, curtains, new bedding perhaps for the kids?? I do still have to pick out all the lighting, too. Soon. Ugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment