This morning while I was lying in bed, I woke up and heard the birds a-tweeting. I think Spring must be coming soon...it is March. Already. Yikes. We are to expect temps near 50 tomorrow with rain, unfortunately. But actually Mike's aunt and uncle are building a house as well (with the help of Mike's Dad) and Mike is going to help out at their house on Sunday. They are at about the same point as we are in building, though I think they started insulation. I don't think we are too far off doing that.
Today Mike, his Dad, and the crew that was out there earlier in the week are all out at the house. That's about 10 people!!! I think alot will get done today. I am pretty sure Mike's Dad is out there to make the gable above the front door (the little triangle thing in the porch roof above the entry door). I think all the siding will be done that can be done (before the crown mouleding stuff gets put on above the windows), and I guess a good portion of the soffit and fascia is on the house, though I didn't even notice that. One half of the porch roof is shingled, too. Yea!!! I can almost see myself rocking on the porch swing with the nice warm summer breeze!!!!
Still haven't heard back from the cabinet guy...which is frustrating, but I'm sure he was irritated with all my changes. It's a little nervewracking because we have no idea how much it will cost, he never gave us a bid. We are just assuming it will be a good price because we've heard we would (Mike's Aunt and Uncle are using the same cabinet guy, and also this guy is from the area where Mike grew up, so I'm sure Mike's Dad has dealt with him often). So it'd be nice to know how much he wants to charge so we know if we have to cut corners or eliminate rooms (like cabinets for the kids' bathroom, for instance--in which case we would buy vanities from Menards or something).
So the Fypon for above the windows has been ordered. It was ordered the day before I found out that we could've just used 2x4's and painted them white. Why nobody told me that earlier, I don't know. But we can't return the stuff we ordered, so it's really too bad. I think people just assume I know things, but I have no clue!!! There's a house a few doors down from the new one that just was finished. They have 2x4's painted white above and below each window, and it looks nice. It would've cost a fraction of what the Fypon cost. Live and learn, I guess...
Our home inspection on the current house went well. The person said it was a well maintained house. There was talk of a few suggestions he'd have on a couple things we might need to fix, but since we haven't heard back. Hopefully this means the buyers think the things are so minor, we don't have to bother.
Hopefully Monday, I'll have some AWESOME pictures to post of a house that looks nearly complete on the exterior! The only thing missing should be a little bit of siding and the porch rails and steps. Hooray!
1 comment:
Wow! How exciting! I can't wait to see it all!
Post a Comment