Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Today...

Mike picked up our central vacuum system. So we'll have 8 outlets throughout the house. The tube/handle itself goes in a closet, and you bring it out and plug it into an outlet in the house to vacuum. The tube empties to something in the basement that I am assuming gets emptied from time to time. We are also having a kickplate thing installed under one of the cabinets in the kitchen so we will be able to sweep a pile under wherever this kickplate is and it'll suck up the pile into the vacuum system. That, I think, is pretty cool. I am indifferent on the whole central vac system itself; but we know several people who installed one when they built their houses, and they really like having it. Mike usually does the vacuuming, and he wanted to get the system. This weekend's agenda includes finishing up any walls inside the house--for instance a couple walls in the basement that haven't been built yet. There is some work to be done in the great room before it can be insulated. I imagine some siding perhaps. I have good intentions to start packing and picking out lighting this weekend. We'll see, though. It's going to be a busy next week or so, my friend will be in town this weekend. She just graduated Officer Training School and she is a Lt. now in the Air Force. So anyhow, I am going to see her probably Saturday & Sunday. Saturday night Mike & I are going out. First we were invited to one party (a St. Patty Day party with friends we haven't seen in months), and then we got an invitation for another (a retirement/graduation party for my friend and her mom) I bartend St. Patty's Day & next Wednesday. Then I should have some spending money for the new scrapbook stuff & fun stuff for the house that I don't really need yet!!

I wanted to post pictures of some layouts I did, but for some reason my laptop isn't letting me access my pictures from the other computer. Mike had rigged it so I could access them, but the downstairs computer randomly shuts down now and then, so I am guessing he'll need to redo whatever to make it work again so I can post pics of stuff! I have really been in the mood to scrapbook, especially since we got tons of cool new stuff at the store I need to buy! : )

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Wow, you'll have to explain to me what the central vacuum thing is. I've never understood it!

AnnaMarie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.