SO our internet has decided to sporadically work. It works on and off throughout the day. Whenever I seemed to check if it was working it was not. Finally it is working for me tonight!!!
In house news, Mike has been working his butt off this past week. Twice he was at the house until near 10pm, and the rest of the week till almost 9. He is working like crazy because we have our inspection Monday (done by the building inspector). I think this is the last inspection until we are about to get our occupancy permit. So he'll come to inspect the inside work, plumbing, electrical, the rough framing of the house to make sure it is within code regulations. We don't forsee any problems, other than being able to begin insulation. We have scheduled that to begin late next week, but being that there are some areas of the inside of the house that are still open to the outside (because there is no soffit in place yet) we wonder if insulation will have to wait a couple days. With the cold, snowy, crummy weather, we are not expecting the restriction on our street to be lifted anytime soon, which totally sucks, too.
So all the electrical is wired. I walked through the house a few times this past week to see it all and kind of make believe I was turning lights on (switches and fixtures aren't in, won't be till drywall is in). Or tried to picture where I will plug things in, which is impossible to plan really. After walking through I realized a few other spots that could use more outlets, but I knew Mike didn't want to have to send the guys out there again. Conveniently enough somehow the eletricians forgot to do the entire outside rear of the house, so they have to come back out anyways. So then I will get my few more outlets. I think Mike is done with the central vac system, and has been working on the wiring for TV/cable/internet and phone. We ended up going with a stepped ceiling in the dining room. I really preferred the beams, but Mike doesn't care for that so stepped it is. I did well yesterday and even went to the lighting store and spent hours in there looking at fixtures. I know what style I like, that's no problem at all. It's what color/finish to get that is driving me bonkers. I have no idea. Does it have to match the door handles? Does it have to match the sink faucets? I am so confused. I also went to check out appliances at Colder's because they have this half back promotion going on. It was obvious to me they marked everything way up in order to make the half back more appealing. I didn't spend much time in there at all, and realized also it pays to look so young sometimes because not a single sales person approached me once, which I thought was way weird. I think we'll end up goin through Sears for appliances. I really like the Kenmore Elite line, though we've heard that brand of fridge has not so good reviews. Oh well. We'll have to check that out. Oh, also the fireplace was put in on Monday. It looks alot bigger than I thought it would, but it's so hard to picture what it'll all look like when it's done with stone and flooring and painting and stuff!!
The kids had a fun spring break, relatively uneventful, but they were really behaved for most of it which is really unusual for having them home so many days in a row!! They had a sleepover with my grandparents and dear little Maddie actually wanted to come home with me. I think that is the first time one of our kids actually wanted to come home instead of sleeping over somewhere.
Anyhow, I haven't taken many pictures lately, of the house or the kids, which is just awful. I did take a bunch today of the kids, as it was our niece& nephew's bday party. Hopefully I'll get around to uploading them soon. Way too much packing to do, and we have to be out in one week. YIKES.
No comments:
Post a Comment