Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The latest news...



So, baby #4 is due in November (I'll have a c-section sometime between Nov. 10 & 16) and we told the kids yesterday! : )

Cal: "I want a brother."

Kaycey: "I want a brother."

Maddie: "I want a sister." Then Maddie proceeded to tell my sister that there are two babies, a brother and a sister. Boy, was she confused!!


Then Kaycey said to Cal, "It's okay if it's not a brother because you already have a sister who loves sports and stuff!"

The kids were fascinated by asking, "How old will I be when the baby is..." For example, Cal asked how old he will be when the baby is 8. Yikes...he will be 18!!! SO Cal then came to the realization that it doesn't matter if it's a brother or sister because he is so much older it just won't matter. I told him it won't be long till he can babysit. And he can teach bro or sis how to catch and throw. They decided to pick out names already, too. Cal and Kaycey's names were all players from the Brewers--Corey, Prince, or CC (who plays for the Yankees now). Though Kaycey also threw in Sammy for a boy or girl. Maddie's choices for names?? Princess, Dora, Daisy, or Uniqua.

4 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Oooh, I vote for Uniqua!

Beth said...

I think Uniqua is my fav! Go for it!

Mary said...

Perhaps Uniqua Daisy?

Katherine said...

Sounds like if your kids have a say in the name, your new babe will be coming home crying from school after the other kids make fun. Very creative and uniqua names though.