April 30--out with Jessi
So, Jessi and I were cheerleaders together back in high school. It had been literally since graduation that I had seen her (12 years). She is living in California as an engineer, finishing her master's @ Pepperdine. I am so proud of her!! Her family still lives here, so she was in town and she had contacted me via facebook. It was so great to reminisce and laugh about all the crazy times we had, especially the ones I had forgotten about!!! We went to dinner, a Brewers game, and then a Dunkin Donuts that was open 24 hrs (YUM!!) : )
April 29-Britney Spears concert in Chicago
So you are probably thinking I am suffering from some sort of early mid life crisis, but really I'm not. My sister bought me a ticket for Christmas (I wanted to go!) I am not going to sit and defend Britney or anything, I think she's a real nutjob. BUT for me it's all about great back up dancers. I love back up dancers. I totally would love to be a back up dancer. I love dancing and I love to watch dancing and all those dance shows on TV (though I am not a religious watcher of any on a regular basis). The concert itself was rather over the top, the theme being "circus" (the title of her newest album). There were 3 stages, with circus acts and all. I was disappointed she didn't play much older stuff, and the dancers weren't as spunky as the last time I saw her (8 years ago). There was so much time between songs; it definitely was no New Kids show : ) Obviously I am not lying when I say I like ALL kinds of music.
Maddie watching Cal play Madden 09.
Mike and Maddie riding the lawnmower.
The inexpensive artwork I made for Cal's side of the bathroom ($6 each! Literally all I did was frame a piece of scrapbook paper!)
Kaycey and Maddie posing for the camera
April 7--NKOTB in Green Bay
So my Dad asked me, "Are you guys out of your minds??" Hmmm, perhaps. But it was so much fun! Yep, this makes 3 times in about 6 months. They even donned Packers shirts with #12 on the back. Cheeseheads were even brought out. It was a great time, though my pictures were not as good as the first two concerts...they're coming again to Illinois in June. Hmmm.....
No comments:
Post a Comment