Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sleep, interrupted

My sleep is interrupted rather frequently these days...multiple bathroom trips during the night, a quick drink of water, or a quick snack to feed my growling belly.

On Monday, Maddie had taken a late nap (she doesn't nap all the time, but when she does it's inconveniently from 4-6:30 or something like that!). Of course when bedtime rolled around, she wasn't ready to sleep. So she came downstairs by me (I was in bed watching TV). She played with her leap pad a while, made comments about the shows on TV (not too much kid friendly stuff on at 9:30!). We watched the weather & Discovery channel and while scanning channels she told me to stop when I got to MTV! Yikes, we're in trouble when she gets older ("The Hills" was on, which I know is this big phenomenon, but I have no idea what it is). I turned the TV off, and we went to bed. Around 2am, I hear "I'm soaked". UGH. Maddie doesn't wet the bed very often, but it would be in bed with me at 2am. (Mike slept on the couch since Maddie took his spot. He had said he'd put her up in bed, but that never happened!) So wet blankets, wet mattress (YUCK!), wet pajamas. I cleaned up the mess and she went back to bed...in her own bed.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Weren't you just telling me how you were sick of washing the kids sheets? Now you got to wash a different set...you lucky girl:(