Tuesday, October 20, 2009

birthday fun

My birthday was over this past weekend. Mike and I don't typically exchange presents, but he & the kids did go buy a cake mix Saturday after soccer. It was rather amusing to see him make a cake! I have to say, if it weren't for my help, that poor cake may not have made it...but the cake making was a success! I love the look on Maddie's face, as if she is saying with her eyes, "Daddy, are you sure you know what you are doing??"
The kids then helped decorate it. Honestly, it was very tasty!!
Some things I was excited to get include an under-the-cabinet radio/CD player/mp3 output from Dad and Maria (seriously, I have music going all day now!!), 3 more chairs for the island from Mom (which Mike is putting together tonight, yay!), a tasty ice cream cake from Maggie Moo from my dear scrappin' friend :O) , and this from my sister...too funny!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

All I can say is...OMG...that cake!!! (I love the onsie though)

Katherine said...

Love the post! The cake and the NKOTB onesie. It's so appropriate since that little one already rocked out to their concert from inside mommy's tummy, maybe more than once? Happy Birthday!