Tuesday, October 6, 2009

on a roll

First of all, I've been caught up on laundry for a while. Or rather, staying caught up. That is so unlike me!!

Christmas shopping is in full swing...I usually don't shop till November, but figured I'd get started (and hopefully finished!) early. There really aren't a ton of people that we buy for--my parents, sister, grandparents, & our kids. Up until last year, we had the nieces & nephews on Mike's side exchange names. Mike's sister didn't want to do it anymore, which is fine...all the kids do get plenty of stuff already, and that'll be four less people to shop for (though shopping for kids is the most fun, of course!) I have to say I think I am pretty close to being done. Amazing! I do need to get a couple little things for the baby (not because I really want to, or that she needs anything, but the kids will wonder why the baby didn't get anything!). Think I'm done with Kaycey. She is the easiest kid on the planet to buy for. I'll probably put Mike in charge of something cool for Cal, though I got him a couple cool things already (an 8x10 framed picture off of ebay of Jeter & Ripken, for example). Maddie should be the easiest, but the only thing she says she loves and wants are more stuffed dogs. Like she doesn't have enough of those!!! Anyhow, so I have been very productive in the Christmas shopping. Even started the projects that will be gifts, too.

Looked at Christmas outfits, too, for the kids. Children's Place has the cutest outfits made to match each other. But I know they really don't need them. I know Kaycey will fit into her dress from last year (that she literally wore for 3 hours probably). Cal could use something. Maddie has plenty, too. But I couldn't resist this for the baby...most things I see that are newborn size look so big (I don't look at newborn size too often knowing they will wear the stuff for such a short time!!). Seeing that she will be just 6 weeks old, I'm thinking she'll be a little peanut yet. This outfit looked small enough that she won't be swimming in it for Christmas. I know she'll only wear it a couple times, anyhow. Good thing it was only $12 (from Toys R Us)!

3 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Oh, talking about Christmas stresses me out. Good job!

jessicaj said...

I agree with AnnaMarie...It gives me that effect as well. Anyone up for another December Daily??? LOL

Beth said...

WOW. Aren't you ahead os the game. I'm just starting m Christmas shopping.