I can't believe she's a week old already. She is absolutely perfect. The kids have been great; shockingly getting along with each other and of course, still can't get enough of the baby! Mike has done a wonderful job taking care of us. His hugs at the end of the day make me feel better. Not that I've been upset, just drained, and becoming inpatient while waiting to feel 100%, while right now I am probably about 75%. And while he is very understanding, I'm thankful when we were discharged from the hospital the nurse told him to expect me to be even crankier and more irritable because on top of having a baby and the pain factor from the c-section, my iron was pretty low. Not that I've been cranky, but I think someone telling him that is good; just a reminder my hormones are still freaking out and who knows when and if I will lash out for no reason. Emotions are up and down for no reason at all, so it's good to have someone around who is okay with that. : )
Today is our first day at home without Mike. He made a great stay at home mom. He took care of making the kids' lunches, kept up on laundry (with some help from my Grandma), I hear the kids' rooms are clean (though I can't do stairs yet, so haven't been up there to see), and has in general kept up with the kids' school stuff. The girls and I don't have to leave the house and can't anyways as long as I am on painkillers, so Maddie, Sadie, and I are just hanging out. Lots of games of Princess Memory to be played. And lots of "ooo-ing" and "ahh-ing" at the baby of course : )
6 comments:
She just couldn't be any Cuter!!!
Oh, she IS perfect! I love that picture. I hope she is treating you well. Good for Mike for being such a great husband, and good luck with him back at work. Give yourself time, and don't rush back to top speed. You'll have plenty of time to do that. I'm so happy for you and your little princess, and hope I get to meet her sometime soon.
OK, I love that picture!!! I can;t wait to see how you scrapbook this one. I am so glad to hear that you have such a supportive bunch! That's what its all about :)
She is precious. Hope you are feeling better.
Sounds like Mike is a keeper. As soon as you are feeling better maybe you could rent him out. I have plenty of laundry and cleaning he could do over here:)
Oh she is so pretty already! Treasure these times .....
Post a Comment