Haven't been good about taking pictures or blogging, but at least have still been making notes for each day.
Sadie slept from 9-3 last night! Woohoo! I hope this is a trend to stay. Today Sadie giggled, not just smiles and coos, I mean totally giggled. It was so cute!!
The three older kids had dentist appointments. I was anticipating the worst, especially with Maddie. I figured she'd have a mouth full of cavities with all the candy and sweets she eats. But NO CAVITIES, for anyone! Amazing! So a little treat...dinner at Baker's Square. With pie. Yum. (don't remember the last time we went to dinner as a family...it's been a long time!!)
Feb 5
Sadie is so super sweet. We love how excited she gets--kicking like crazy, cooing, and smiling!!
Cal has a basketball/pizza party banquet. The party began with a parents vs. players game. Some of the rules: Dads could only use one hand, no stealing from the kids, and Moms wore gloves or mittens. Some older brothers and sisters joined in the fun, too. They had such a great time (of course the kids won). His coaches were great (some help from the older boys at the school and a Dad with a son on the team, in addition to the head coach who is Cal's Sunday School teacher as well). Cal is really sad he only had him for this year (next year Cal will be on "B" team with a new coach). They finished 2-4, but the coach gave a great inspirational speech on how their record didn't matter. They played with their hearts and they played for Jesus, and that's all that mattered. The kids cheered!! (This is the "act goofy" picture)
Feb 6
My Dad called late on the 5th to tell me of a death notice in the newspaper. So today I went to a funeral for a grade school teacher of mine. It was nice to see nearly all of my grade school teachers there. I attended Woodlawn for K-8th grade, and Mike & I even got married there and we were members of that church yet up until we moved to our new house. He was the principal early on while I was in school there, but had retired, and just helped out around school by the time I had him as a teacher. He taught our class penmanship. So perhaps I can credit him with my nice handwriting?? He was the nicest old man around and with the 46 years of students he had teaching, I was always amazed he still remembered me. Cal went to school there for PreK, K, and 1st grade; Kaycey went for PreK. Mr. Kolander and his wife always would come up to me after church to say "hello", and after Kaycey got sick, they would always ask about her. They even came to the concert the school and church fundraiser held in her honor. I'm sure Mr. Kolander will be missed, but he lived a long (85 years) rewarding life of teaching and spreading God's Word. I am so grateful my parents sent me to such a great school, and I am proud that we are able to do the same for our kids. Sadly the enrollment at Woodlawn is dwindling (down to 46 in pre K-8th grade from what I hear) as is the church congregation (there are very few families/kids in the church, mostly elderly people).
Then in the afternoon, I met my cousin, Laura, for an afternoon of shopping. She took me to some of her favorite spots for household goods, and I spent way too much $$$. My sister met us later on, as well. We had yummy sandwiches at Potbelly's, and worked on Laura to get a facebook page :)~ While I will have to return a good chunk of what I bought, it just felt good to get out and look around--without any kids in tow!!
Feb 7
Superbowl Sunday!! I was rooting for the Colts simply because of the Saints beating the crud out of Brett. But I like Brees, too, so really, it didn't matter to me who won. The best commercial by far was the Brett one--him in 2020 with an MVP trophy, not sure if he'll retire. Haha! Here are the two older kids doing their own pregame show.
Feb 8
So, the pain isn't any better in my hip. Really it's not incredibly painful, but uncomfortable. It feels like there is someone tugging a string and pulling my insides around. Pleasant, huh? Not really. I'm wondering how they know there isn't a scalpel or something floating around in there. The doctor suggests surgery(!?!?!?)-- a laparoscopy to investigate, and from the sounds of it, there could be scar tissue or adhesions that she could remove (but if that's what it is, it could come back anyways). I opt to start with a less invasive look, an ultrasound.
I watched our little friend from down the way for the day while her Mom was at a meeting (the little gal Maddie's age). Lauren is a really good little girl...too bad Maddie was busy throwing tantrums for a good part of the day, and spent lots of time in her room.
We took Sadie to the doctor in the afternoon. She has a terrible little rash on her face. Turns out to be eczema. And she has awful cradle cap. Nasty winter...can't wait for it to get nice out (that'll help both of her issues). She is still such a sweetheart. She copies when you stick your tongue out, esp. when Mike does it. She smiles every time you say the word cute to her. And the kids insist she is saying, "hi" while gooing and gaaing.
Grandma B. (my Great-Grandma) and Aunt Lorie came over for dinner. They came with a box of 30 or so bears that Cal has been talking about for years (they are baseball bears, and they've been in their attic forever. Cal saw a picture of them once and never stopped talking about them!) We had pizzas and played a great game of yahtzee. The kids make Grandma B. so happy!!
1 comment:
Wow, how did I miss your last six posts? They must not have shown up on my blog reader for some reason. Anyhow, good to read what you all are up to and to see pics of your adorable kids. Good luck figuring out your camera. That's the exact reason I don't one...I'd most likely never learn how to use it right. Sadie is just an angel. I love that one with her and your Grandma. How sweet.
Post a Comment