Thursday, February 18, 2010
officially freaking out
While I plan to post on the past few days happenings, I can't wait to post this. And not in a happy I can't wait mode either. I went to the dentist today (rewind about 22 years...I can recall my Dad having to force me to take valium to go to the dentist, and then carry a kicking and screaming girl into the car...way too many traumatic dental experiences as a child) So honestly, just going for a cleaning is a major freak out for me. Well what brought me there today was the fact that an area below my nostril (but inside my mouth) has gotten numb and tingly. I went hoping for something simple...like a canker sore. But alas, my front tooth is dead. And I need a root canal. Majorly freaking out, and I don't know how I am going to make it till then without throwing up from being so freaked. Apparently these things can just happen, or it can be extensive decay, or trauma. I am banking on the trauma perhaps...years ago as I was cleaning the floor in the kitchen of our old house, I stood up quickly and I smacked the back of my head against something on the wall. It knocked me to the ground. Immediately following that, I had weird things going on with my front teeth. But nothing it seemed that required a look. Sigh. I am hoping I can be completely sedated for it all. Though I may have to be sedated to even get to the dentist in one piece.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Let your dentist know that you have major "dental freak out issues" and perhaps they can give you something/do something to help.
I think the laughing gas would be very fun. In fact, I bet you would be very fun to watch with some laughing gas in your head. Oh, but then there is that little matter of the dentist's hand in your mouth...not so fun. Sorry to hear about it!
You poor thing. I feel your pain! I just recently found a dentist I love. I had him replace 5 cavities I had a s a kid with white fillings and never felt a thing!!!! Let me know if you need the number, he's awesome!
Post a Comment