Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Feb 9-13

Major catch-up today, and I can't figure out how to un-underline this sentence, I tried! I also posted Feb 4-8 previous to this post.

Feb 9
Sadie slept last night from 9-4:30!!

Snow Day! But not really. The kids weren't actually off school, though some schools were off. I don't think the snow warranted an off day. It's Wisconsin for crying out loud! It really didn't seem that bad during the day. All afternoon and evening activities were cancelled at school, but it made sense at that point. The kids tried to get some shoveling done before Mike came home from work. But they were all out there after dinner to have at it again.

Feb 10
The critters have a party, thanks to Maddie and I.
Tonight our school has an open house. It's mostly to promote the preschool, as it is the only school in the area with a 3/4K program, and half day kindergarten. The snow seemed to keep people at home, but it didn't stop many of the school/church families from coming for sweets and fun. We stayed for almost the whole open house, and every time I am there, I am more thankful and happy than ever for having made the switch to the school. I am meeting new people and talking more with the other moms. One is as obsessed with weather as I am! Perhaps her and I will apply for the contest on Discovery with Reed from Storm Chasers (haha). Several of them are scrapbookers, and want to start a montly group at church. Four of us have gotten Canon Rebels in the past year (including the kindergarten teacher and Cal's teacher) that I know of, too. One gal has had hers for three years, and is taking a couple classes with me at Art's.

Feb 11
Ugly/mismatch day at school for spirit week. Kaycey wears multiple layers, and even a backwards tank top to top it off!! Notice the mismatched socks & uneven ponytails!
Maddie has gymnastics and her coach tells me every week "what a stitch" Maddie is. Every week, I hear how much Maddie makes her laugh.

Laura came over to help me go through some stuff and hang it up (okay, she hung it up mostly). I think I've decided on what to go with in the dining room (or current family room!!). Going for anything fresh/whites/shabby/vintagey/cottagey/birdy-(dirty sage green walls). If you see any ideas that you think might inspire me, I'd love to see it!! Here's my piles of goods that I have been collecting for a few years, as well as some of the new stuff I bought.

We went to my Dad's for dinner, it seems like we haven't been there in forever! I left to meet one of my BFF's out for her birthday. We've been friends for over ten years, which is totally crazy. And it doesn't matter how much time goes by (I haven't seen her since fall), we can start wherever we leave off. Happy birthday, Danna! (I stayed for an hour and a half, had one cherry sour! Was home by 10! Boy, I'm getting old.)

Feb 12
School Spirit Day!


Kaycey brings us home a Valentine she made at school.


Kids have a half day today at school. Most of it is spent on Valentine's parties! We stopped by my Grandma's for a little bit, Cal and Maddie are sleeping over there. Kaycey slept over by her cousin's house. I drove Kaycey downtown to meet Mike who would take her to meet his sister. Kaycey got to go into Mike's work. I think she was surprised at the way it looked!

A night minus three kids! We watched Kitchen Nightmares online, and I fell asleep on the couch before 9:30.

Feb 13
Sadie slept 8-3:30, then 4-6:30. I could get used to this!!

Kaycey had a great time at Julia's. She was proud to tell us that Uncle J.P. told her the reason they moved from California back to Wisconsin is because of Kaycey getting cancer. Which is partially true...they were tired of not being around family for everything happening--birthdays, new babies, and of course, Kaycey getting sick,too. And Kaycey couldn't stop laughing at telling us how her cousin, Jacob, (Julia's little brother) refused to hand out his valentines at school. His reason? "What have all those kids ever done for me?" What a funny kid.

Maddie put a show on for everyone, a daily occurence around here. If she doesn't get into acting/musicals/drama, I will be EXTREMELY shocked (and disappointed!! She's good at it, that little ham!)

Photo classes today, too. I went with a mom from our church/school. She knows way more than I do, that's for sure. Anyhow, while the first class was very informative, the second was more about flash (which I never use anyways) though he touched on lenses (okay, I totally want the wide 10-22mm lens!) The biggest thing I got out of the class? Print your pictures!! Why have a nice camera if you aren't going to print the pics to show them off. Pathetically, the only pictures I have printed since 2003 are those I scrapbooked, which really, in the big scheme of things, is not very many. I better get printing...


1 comment:

Katherine said...

I love your catchup day posts! Lots of good stuff there:)