Tuesday, February 9, 2010

from drab to fab...

at least that's what I'm hoping!! I'm looking for a new do. Haven't gotten a hair cut since October of 2008, believe it or not.

one extreme or the other.
or perhaps just keeping it the way it is : /

But also working on getting my house from drab to fab. Thanks to my cousin for "making" me go shopping and coming over to help (okay, so I mostly watched) hang some things. I guess I just needed motivation and cute stuff (photos to come--lots more work to do). Now I need a job to pay for all the furniture I have planned for the empty spaces in the house...

Hoping Mike has happier times at his job, too. He's been SO stressed out and working way too many hours. He's heard of good prospects, but the number one prospect involves driving to IL (outskirts of Chicago) for work and that would get tiring really fast. We know, he did it for quite some time right after I had Kaycey. It was not fun; sometimes he stayed at work for 72 hours straight instead of driving home. I said we could move another 20 or so minutes south (still not terribly far so the kids could stay at their current school), but that's still not close enough to where he'd need to go. And we could not sell our house, even if we wanted to...it's too unfinished. And it wouldn't matter where we'd go; he'd probably still have 2+ hour commutes sometimes. Sigh.

And P.S.--Don't worry...NO snakes will be entering my house : ) The older 2 have given up asking about a dog, and now want a lizard and turtle. Maddie, well, she thinks she is a dog, so I guess we don't need one, right?? : ) Uh, we've watched "Bolt" probably 10 times in the past 2 weeks. I realized that she began acting like a dog when we saw it in the theater and she does the superbark. Hilarious! Definitely a good Disney flick...a close second place to "Cars" for me.



2 comments:

Katherine said...

I like the first short and sassy cut...go for it! A fresh cut and color can make things feel a little brighter. A daughter and pup all in one. That is a bargain!

Morgan said...

I agree with Katherine. I love nicole richie's hair cut. Super cute!