Got a call from Patti, the secretary at Children's Oncology clinic. Here is our schedule for Kaycey's next Oncology appointment.
February 3:
9am Audiogram (hearing test)
10am Pulmonary Function tests
11:15am Echocardiogram
February 4
8am injection for bone scan (radioactive compound (Technetium-99 injected)
8:30am drink contrast/inject contrast for CT's
9:30 CT's
10:30 Bone scan
lab work
1:30pm Oncology clinic check in (weight, height, temp, BP)
2pm Dr. appointment
Could there be any more tests?? For crying out loud...I mean, I will feel relief after it's done, and it sounds like they are hoping to give us results immediately at the appointment. Usually I have to call multiple times and find out results a week or two later. But I don't think we've ever had so much crammed into a day (other than the initial process of diagnosing, of course). Usually the tests are divided over a few weeks, if I remember correctly. She hasn't had this many done for a long time. But it's the three year mark from completed treatment, so that means complete work up.
I dread having to walk into that place again. I really hate it there. My stomach flips the second I walk into the skywalk. And to have to spend a whole day there--ugh. We'll even have to eat lunch there. And we'll be lucky to get out of there by 3!! Well, the positive side is we hope everything will continue to be fine and she will still be NED (no evidence of disease.)
No comments:
Post a Comment