Monday, January 5, 2009

2009, already??

The kids had such a long Christmas break, yet it flew right by. Back to school already today, and though it was tough getting them moving early this morning after so many late nights the past couple weeks, they were awfully excited about getting on the bus this morning.

It was a quiet day here. While I should've spent it putting Christmas stuff away, after lunch, Maddie and I went to a friend's house (they live less than a mile away). It's friend time for Maddie (Lauren is also 3). And friend time for me (Lauren's mom is the one gal I have befriended out here since the kids started at the new school). The more friend time I have, the happier I am : ) I always have such a hard time taking down the Christmas stuff anyways. It's so much work for having it up for such a short time. I swear I'd leave it up till February if Mike let me.

I'm excited to say the house feels a little more like a home...I FINALLY put some stuff up on the walls (just the kitchen, but I figure we spend much time there, and the fact I have no idea what to do with the other walls in the house!)

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

I need a close-up view of those wall things! We'll have to do a scrap night in February at your house. :)