Thursday, January 15, 2009

our cold day

So, school was called off today for a "cold day". I find it kind of silly, since we could get in the car (which is in the garage) and I could drop them off at the door of school, hardly spending a moment outdoors- instead of them taking the bus (I've driven them to school Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week). But I do understand, there are plenty of kids who walk to/from school, or have to take the bus (which means waiting for the bus in the cold!) But for whatever reason, I don't believe our school plans for any snow/cold days. I thought there were two planned for all schools. But because of the snow day the week before Christmas, the kids now have to go to school the Friday before Memorial Day (they were supposed to be off that day). Now with today being cancelled, I think that means that instead of getting done with school on June 5, their last day will be June 8.

I was feeling SO inspired after reading Ali's post today. I was ready to paint a room and go to Goodwill. http://aliedwards.typepad.com/_a_/ And I felt like scrapbooking. Too bad I have very little adhesive left. I haven't scrapbooked in a while, so I haven't been keeping up on buying my necessities, like adhesive. That was foolish of me.

Today I read that Pittsburg mayor Luke Ravenstahl is now Luke Steelerstahl. I find this funny. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Pittsburgh-mayor-Luke-Ravenstahl-is-now-Luke-Ste?urn=nfl,134346

The kids are playing football...Cal is completely obsessed. I think it's funny, until they start whining, crying, and arguing over a current game of football with their webkinz they created themselves (often Cal and Kaycey are playing football in the upstairs hallway, always results in a fight and crying, and postponement of the game by Mom or Dad). Part of the current conversation concerning the football game of the Ravens vs. Packers (this time the webkinz animals are the players):

"But you have tougher players,"says Kaycey (in a whine, of course)

"Come on just play. Maddie do you want to be drafted?? You can't be a puppy though if you want to be drafted", says Cal.

"Ruff, ruff!" says Maddie.

{Cal humming ESPN tune}

"Your guys are really good so we probably won't get any touchdowns," whines Kaycey. "You have a lion."

"Your snowman webkin is going to lose his foot if it's the kicker," says Cal.

"Don't even say that, you're scaring me," says Kaycey.

"I wanna go home!" says Maddie.

"Hey you're cheating!! You were in the way. You are such a cheater!," Kaycey squeals.

"You don't even know how to play," says Cal.

Pretty close to Mom interrupting game and taking all the webkinz and footballs away.

Time for lunch.

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

Ali's post makes me NEED a scrapbook room. And inspires me, too. Can't wait to get back for scrapping.

And funny about the name change...

And hilarious about the football! :) I'm pretty sure I never played football...which has a direct influence on my lack of understanding and interest in football today!