So we went to Chicago on Saturday night for an engagement party. On the way we did stop at Gurnee Mills so I could stop at Archivers. I found some more stuff for my photo carousel, now I just have to decide what pictures and what paper to use.
The party was for a very good friend Mike used to work with. They are also the 2 who came to Frank Caliendo with us. Mike is standing up in their wedding in August, which is taking place in Michigan at a restored barn (that will make for GREAT pictures!!)
We got to the party right around 8pm. I didn't eat a whole lot for supper, and was already hungry by the time we got to the party. That was foolish on my part; I usually make a point to eat a lot before we go to a party, because I never expect there to be vegetarian things for me to eat (there wasn't!). I hadn't felt great late Friday night, and alot of Saturday. Anyhow, I didn't drink anything but cranberry juice because I was a bit tired, too, and I knew if I had a glass of wine while hungry, I'd be toast (and I'm not big on wine)! We saw people we hadn't seen in a while, too, so that was really nice. The couple-to-be make such a wonderful couple; they are just so perfect for each other.
Some people at the party began discussing the bachelor party (not a conversation I particularly want to be part of!) And the guys found out Mike doesn't have a passport. Apparently a passport will be needed for the bachelor party. I don't think so. I hate to be the rain on their parade, but when Mike gets a passport, it's going to be for us to take a trip somewhere. Am I being to harsh? I think not. I don't think Mike thinks I'm being too harsh, either. I would have no problem with a guys weekend for Mike--fishing, rock climbing, camping, whatever...but leaving the country???? Anyhow, initially we planned on staying the night, but since I had nothing to drink we decided it would be best if we just drove home. We got home very late, but it was nice to have all of Sunday to ourselves. It's not like me to be the wallflower and drinking nothing but water or cranberry juice. But I only knew a couple of people, and I guess I just wasn't in the mood. So anyways, I was kind of a party pooper this weekend.
1 comment:
What are the odds that the Bachelor Party involves fishing, rock climbing or camping in Canada?
Post a Comment