Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I wish...

that I could cure cancer.

I check on Jack everyday, and I happened upon a little girl I hadn't heard about whose mom had commented on Jack's page. I checked the little girl's web page and she passed away 6 months ago after a third relapse. I read some of the posts, and was struck at how similar Kaycey and Emily's (the little girl) initial presentation of the disease was. Anyhow, while it was sad to read how difficult their past few months have been, I didn't tear up until I read under the heading where it lists hospital info, room #/home address, it was listed as "Heaven".

Poor Jack has such terrible mouth sores right now as a result of high chemo-low white blood cells, he is on methadone. I remember Kaycey's first time with mouth sores; we spent 10 sleepless days and nights in the hospital. Then home for a few days, then back for 6 more days/nights for chemo, again. What a monotonous cycle of Hell. I pray that there is a cure sooner than not, and that no one has to go through what Kaycey, Jack, and thousands of other kids have gone through with this terrible beast called cancer.

No comments: