So we are 99% sure that all the kids will go to the private school come fall. Yes, I did turn in that registration for Maddie. On the day it was due. And I hand delivered it at church. We attended the open house for the school, and we really REALLY like it. Maddie's 4K is just three mornings a week for 3 hours. It's just that she is SO ready to be surrounded by kids her own age, learning to share and make friends. I can't be her best friend forever : ) though I wouldn't mind. She is just really ready for that experience; we've been working on words and letters alot. She can spell Mom, Dad, Moo, and Maddie on the computer all by herself. While the other two kids are a bit sad at the prospect of a new school again, it will be for the best. Cal was impressed with the sports and activities they have at the new school (a whole ton of sports for grades 3-8. Only basketball is offered at the current school in grades 5 & 6, if there are coaches). One big reason for the switch (there are several) is the school goes through 8th grade. No middle school. Big plus, in our opinion. Two--Kaycey STILL has issues here and there with kids making comments about her hair, that she's weird, etc. Three--Cal has befriended the class bully (which bully would be the complete opposite of what Cal is) and there have been nothing but problems--with phone calls & notes from the teacher. I am not blind and I am aware these things can happen at any school. But I, having gone to private school for 10 years, know that morals and values are so much more important, as is the way issues are dealt with, since everything is Christ-centered. I am not badmouthing public education. I believe, though, that since I had the opportunity to go to private school, our kids should have the same opportunity if we are able to give it to them (which we are.) We are just disappointed it didn't work out to send them to the private school right off the bat, because that's what we should've done (they only offer 1/2 day kindergarten which would've meant 3 trips a day out this way while we were building the house). So, that's one decision made.
I've been talking and considering going back to school, but going for pharmacy after looking into the program just is not possible. We are talking 18 credit semesters. For a few years. I get stressed out easily; yikes, I can only imagine what that would do to me. While I would like to complete my degree in something (anything at this point) I may just take a few online classes toward my Bachelor's this summer.
Off to work @ the store...
2 comments:
You are goingt o love that the school goes to 8th grade!
That's great about your kids' school. I'm sure everything will work out wonderfully. Good luck!
Post a Comment