Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday surprise

Woke up this morning and was told to take a look in the bonus room above the garage (about 1/3 of that room or so is going to be my scrap space eventually). Here is what I found:


Yay for flooring!! Mike kind of surprised me and said he wanted to buy flooring for it yesterday. I didn't really think he'd do the floor right away. The bonus room is about 700 sq ft. My space is about 14x16 or so. So the rest of the room will be carpeted playroom--future "game" room with fussball, air hockey, our big screen TV, and couches/chairs, etc. We are considering getting carpet tiles in different colors, but need some examples for ideas first. I can actually use the room now. Except that it's currently 44 degrees in there. But I can turn the furnace on for that room if I want. It obviously still needs baseboard & trim around the windows, and I'll paint it eventually. But how exciting!! I am eager to host a big crop up there!!!! But we might need an elevator to get all our crap upstairs : )

I went to our store's crop yesterday, and it was so much fun!! Everything looked awesome & everyone seemed to have a great time (except for the lack of heat now and then, but that wasn't our fault!!) Good job on the wonderful work you did, gals!! I had alot of fun and it was nice to hang out with everyone again. Anyhow, I did get some stuff done, too. I worked on my class pages--which I am really super excited about! And these few...you can click on them to see them bigger.

"our family according to Maddie--age 2"
and way back when, about a year and a half ago, I did this page (without photos) for a "Power pages" class. I FINALLY stuck pictures & title on it. It's simple, but I like it. I have about 60 more pages awaiting photos....

Cal and Kaycey, 2002..not completely done yet, but you get the idea.






4 comments:

jessicaj said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!! Great pages. I really like how you did the title on the Family page. Wish i would have gotten some of that paper. I am very excited to come to see your new space. :)

Katherine said...

My fav is the blob family. That is such a keepsake. And the bonus room is looking good. What a hubby. He is a keeper. At least until the house is finished:)

AnnaMarie said...

Oh, wow, I love those pages. Especially the drawing of your family. I'm glad you had a good time at the crop. And your flooring looks amazing.

Morgan said...

OMG my room looks amazing...when is my move in date?

Congrats on the flooring! Great job to Mike!