Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dec 2nd

Today Maddie, Sadie, and I stopped at the Scrapbook Store to make a quick visit. It was so nice to say "hi" and to see all that paper again : ) While there isn't much new stuff to look at, it doesn't matter. Just walking into that store inspires me!! We also took a trip to the mall. Maddie wanted to ride the train and eat lunch there. Unfortunately, my double stroller is stuck in the open position (it's been through alot...) and I couldn't get it in my car. I had to take the single stroller (which actually is also stuck open...I don't know how this happens) which was none to pleasing to a certain 4 year old that she would not have a seat while going through the mall. I had to make a couple stops in the mall (geez, to think I go to a mall and actually want to go into a store, and NOT just to ride the train!) but Maddie was "too tired" and was not very cooperative. Don't fear, it has nothing to do with the new baby. Maddie has done this as long as I can remember. Even when she would be sitting in the stroller in the past, she would conveniently be "too tired" to want to go into any of the stores. She perked up a little when we bought a Christmas dress from JCPenney's for her. We also bought something for Cal to wear for Christmas. Little Sadie is set for the holidays, as she has 4 different outfits--I just hope they fit her! Kaycey on the other hand...don't know what I'm going to do. She is not the frilly poofy fancy dress type. She is not the dress type period. If she had her way she would probably wear flight pants and a sweatshirt. Hey, what can I say, she likes to be comfortable--which is totally me these days! Any idea of where to shop for this girl would be greatly appreciated!!

Tonight we are going to church. I love this time of year in church; especially Wednesday night services, as we typically sing the traditional Christmas hymns.

Perhaps I will bring out some Christmas things tonight. I said last year I wasn't going to bring everything out, but I ended up bringing most of the things out anyways. This year I really don't feel like hauling everything out, but at the very least we'll have the trees (last year we had 4 trees!!) Now we just need a tad bit of snow to set the mood...

3 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Good luck getting all your Christmas dresses and decorations ready! I'm glad you're feeling up to getting out and about with the girls...it takes a lot of energy for me still!

jessicaj said...

I remember all my stroller troubles when I first had Q! I was ready to have a stroller burning party! I eventually broke down and got the one I have now. I finally have a stroller I love. What a concept???

Mary said...

Maybe you could find a little sweater dress and some leggings for Kaycey. At least then she might feel like she's wearing comfy pants under a long shirt instead of a dress.