Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dec 1st

Tonight the kids "picked" out names...since they aren't doing a gift exchange amongst cousins this year, my kids thought it would be fun to pick each other's names. I figure, there's four of them now, so why not. They are very excited to go shopping ALONE with Mom and pick something little out for the person they chose from a hat.

There was a car accident on the corner by our house in the middle of the night. I was up feeding Sadie. I don't know how I didn't hear the crash, but I heard the oodles of sirens. There were at least seven squads, a fire truck, and an ambulance that I saw. It even woke Mike up. From our porch, it looked to us like the police were at or in the neighbor's house. It turns out they were parked there, but the accident happened along the road, which is next to the neighbor's property. It appears the driver was speeding (just by the marks on the road and ditch it seems obvious) and the car flipped multiple times and crashed into a tree. The person in the back seat died, while the two in the front seat suffered some injuries, but will be okay. Cal and Kaycey were fascinated by the whole thing, and the fact that it was on the news. I know they are young, but they had alot of questions about why and how it happened, and so I am just trying to instill in them how important it is to be a responsible person and that some people make bad choices (it sounds like alcohol is a factor, as well as drugs). Kids grow up way too fast...

No comments: