Friday, December 4, 2009

Dec 3rd, A creature was stirring...

yes, it was a mouse.

So for a month or so, I swore I heard little scampering around. Nibbling of papers. Noises in the vents. Noises in the wall. Mike told me I was crazy. Last night, the kids discovered a mouse in Cal's room at bedtime. I had just gone to bed, 8:15 or so, because of the extremely rough night the night before. All of a sudden, shrill screams echoed through the house. Mike ran upstairs, and what do you know, a mouse in Cal's closet. Conveniently, the baby woke up shortly thereafter, so I got back up to tend to her, while Mike attempted to catch the mouse. After a good 45+ minutes, and destroying Cal's room, Mike did get the mouse. The kids swear they saw another one this morning, which wouldn't surprise me. How the heck did one or any get upstairs, is what I would like to know. Anyhow, so Cal's room is still destroyed, and guess who will probably have to be the one to put it back together. The whole house is rather disheveled. I think I am going on strike. So eventually I got to bed, close to 10 o'clock, though. So another tired day for me. I was hoping for a nap after I took Maddie to school today, but Sadie has been up pretty much since we got home, and not particularly happy. Take a nap? When? WHile I am on the way to taking Maddie to gymnastics? Or perhaps when I took all 4 kids to the doctor yesterday afternoon for flu shots. Or maybe on the way to Walmart to look for boots (it snowed!), which they did not have any sizes I needed of course. So, alas, my kids went to school with no boots, Maddie was late to school, and I am deleriously tired.

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

Oh, I don't know how you do it! I'm so thankful I don't have to take kids to school right now! Especially since it was 15 degrees this morning. And yuck! A mouse! My dad has been having lots of mice this year, also. Thank goodness for our 3rd floor apartment. Not much of a chance for mice. And I always think going on strike will help, but it doesn't do anything but make me mad at Tyler...the dust gets thicker and the crumbs multiply on the floor...it's like he doesn't even notice. :) Good luck!