Friday, December 4, 2009

Dec 4th

So after picking up Maddie from school today, I decided to make a run to Target (though after the fact, I thought to myself, why didn't I wait to do this till Mike came home??? Was it really necessary to get boots and snowpants while the kids were at school?? What was I thinking??) Anyhow, after the Target run, we came home and Maddie said she wanted to take a nap. Hallelujah!! She never takes naps anymore, so to bed we went. Too bad Sadie started fussing almost instantly. Maddie fell asleep instantly, though, even without having lunch. Sadie was sleeping, but would randomly cry out. So I debated...do I wake her up and make her eat and hope she falls asleep so I could try to take a quick cat nap before Maddie woke?? Or did I let Sadie keep squaking every few minutes until she decided to officially get up? Well, I took my chances with the first of the two options...and it worked like a charm. Sadie ate, and went right back to sleep. I went to bed and got to sleep until the older kids came home from school--almost a whole hour!! Which means Maddie took a two hour nap. Wow.

Cal was supposed to have his first basketball game tomorrow, which he was totally psyched up for. This coach is awesome; very positive with the philosophy of just trying your best is all that matters. Anyhow, the game is cancelled because somehow the game didn't get put on the other team's schedule (how would that happen, I don't know!!) So he does have practice in the morning, but we were all looking forward to watching his first game of the season. Guess it will wait till next week.

Still haven't brought out the Christmas stuff. Kinda hoping my sister will come over and pull some of it out for me (she did offer!!).

1 comment:

Katherine said...

WOW you are queen of the blog this week. It is nice to read about your new tired world. I forgot how strategic it can be to schedule time to take a nap, glad you were successful.