Thursday, September 24, 2009

double digits

I was up at 5:30am making brownies for Cal's class. I would've done it last night, but Mike wasn't feeling well and decided to sleep on the couch. So I was nice and didn't turn any unnecessary lights on near that room, which meant no making brownies in the kitchen. So I instead made them while half asleep when it was still dark out with the lights dimmed (Mike moved to bed during the night). And I managed to not only burn my wrist on the oven rack, but also the top of my hand from my reaction to burning my wrist. I just burned my arm two weeks ago making a pizza. And I always use the bottom oven because I can barely reach into the top one, at least not safely! Geez. I should not be allowed to use the ovens, I swear!! Speaking of brain loss, I answered my cell phone on Tuesday with "The Scrapbook Store, this is Elizabeth...uh, I mean, hi." I am a big dork. I'm only there once a week, if that. I don't know what I was thinking. I can't believe I did that. The funnier thing is that it was a parent from the soccer team. He seemed rather confused...

So,from this...
(I didn't make this page ten years ago, but of course all my pictures are hard copies from then, so I thought I would just post this page instead of Cal's "birth" day. Though the page is rather old, too!!)


to this.

Happy TENTH Birthday, Cal!! We let him open one present this morning. Online, I had found an Orioles t-shirt with #8 and "RIPKEN" on the back. He said it was the best present ever!!!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Happy Birthday to Cal!!