Monday, September 14, 2009

just some stuff...

Funny things Maddie said/is saying:
The other night I told her not to go on the carpet since her feet were really dirty. I asked her to come into the laundry room so I could wash her feet in the sink. She started to take the long way, which would've meant running through the carpeted great room. I said, "No, go the other way!" Through the kitchen and dining room. She turns around and says, "Oh sorry Mom. My bad." What?!?!?!? I don't think I have ever in my life said this. Mike does, though. It was so funny.

"attend" (pretend)
"tendin" (pretend that) example: "Tendin they're in love itchudder." (Pretend that they are in love with each other)

"Are we getting a new car when the new baby comes? Where will the baby sit? I don't want my seat anymore, I want to sit on this seat" (points to regular seat that adults sit on). After explaining even Kaycey still sits in a seat, and Maddie will need to as well, she replied with, " but when I'm a big girl I want to sit in that seat!! In O-Tember (November) I will be a big girl!"

Other miscellaneous...
Cal wants to have a limo and a driver. He wants to be a baseball player or sports announcer. Also told me when he makes his first $10 million, he'll give me $2million. Can I have that in writing??

About school:
Went to the first PTO meeting last night (I've never attended one at any school). Excited for all the events and fun stuff planned for this school. Can't get too involved in the next few months, but looking forward to Spring and next year helping out with things. I'm so happy and thankful that we are part of this new school. I've met so many people in the past couple weeks, and everyone is wonderful. My only regret is we weren't able to send them 2 years ago when we started the building process out here. Kaycey told me yesterday she has a secret handshake with Amara and Nathan sits with her on the bus. Asking Cal after school how his day was, he responded with, "Oh it was so great!! I mean, it was okay..." The kids even came home from school and played school, instead of going swimming in the pool, which will come down very soon! So school is going very well. Maddie is the favorite gal of the week. Cheese flavored rice cakes were a huge hit. Who would've thought. I only sent the bag of them because of course I had forgotten to go to the grocery store Sunday night to get a snack for the class for Monday. Rummaging through the pantry that was the only unopened bag of snacks I had. How do I top that for tomorrow and Friday's snack?? :)

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I like that Maddie thinks she will be a big girl when that baby comes. She is right life is going to change. I can't believe it is only 8 weeks. Oh my! We have to get a scrapbook day in. We'll make some plans when I get home.