Friday, September 4, 2009

celebrating TEN

...one month early.

Our "pool" party was minus a pool last Saturday, seeing I think it may have hit 58 degrees. Not sure the sun ever came out. Major bummer. That's what I get for trying to have a party a month early, huh? Oh well, it's done, and I knew September was crazy busy for Mike's family as his parents are going to Greece for 2 weeks, his brother to Vegas, his sisters were going to be gone sometime during the month as well.

We decided we are going to have a bonfire for Cal's birthday with my side at the end of the month. Looking forward to lots of fall bonfires...

Cal got an MP3 player from Mike's parents. Mike and I are the 'mean' parents who wouldn't let their 10 year old have an IPOD. (Cal is perfectly happy with the MP3 player, I don't think he'd know the difference...)

This time I had full intentions on actually blocking off the entire upstairs to prevent the mayhem that went down last time. Instead Mike came up with putting tape across the bedroom doors and blocking them with boxes. Yes, I think it is crazy we have to do this. But anything to prevent major destruction...
We left the bathroom door open and put tons of toys in the hallway to play with (our hallway up there is enormous, like a playroom in itself!). Kids still managed to: go in the bathroom and lock themselves in 3 at a time with toys, go into the bonus room even though they were told not to(AKA my scrap stuff--a BIG no-no), and the one who threw polly pockets over the balcony last time decided throwing a juice box over the balcony was a better idea this time. I am so done with birthday parties in my own house that have that many small children. I will pay the $XXX to go anywhere else next time.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh good god. Maybe you should try large, hungry, snarling dogs as deterrents!