Wednesday, September 30, 2009

new addition

to the kitchen!

A chair at the island, finally!! (It's just one right now, but we are getting three more.) They are a wrought iron with creamy colored upholstered cushion. They aren't exactly what I had in my head, but they are just fine. The ones I really thought I wanted were all wood painted black, something similar to this:

but they average $100+ or more per chair. So the plan is to use the wrought iron ones until we finish the basement. Then we could use them for a bar or a table set downstairs. Or someday perhaps we will use the guy who made our cabinets to make wood chairs to match the island.

My Mom found these at JCPenney's for an incredible deal, and they match our kitchen perfectly. It'll be nice for the kids to eat breakfast at the island. So an early birthday present for me...Thanks for the chairs, Mom!

No comments: