for many things.
For fall. Mike finally emptied and took the pool apart. Until next year...
Kids have school pictures tomorrow. I curled Kaycey's wig for church this morning, and so it would be extra cute for her picture tomorrow.
Cal's 10th birthday on Thursday. My Dad and Stepmom are coming over that night. The rest of my family is coming over Friday night.
I've been painting the unfinished frames and strip of towel hooks I bought for the kids' bath. Hoping to have everything hung on the wall by the end of the week. Sadly, I have bath pictures of Kaycey and Cal a-plenty, but almost zero of Maddie. The few I do have are blurry or she has her eyes half closed. Looking through pictures for a bath picture of Maddie, I was brought back to when she was teeny tiny brand spankin' new, and how I think an entire month went by and I didn't take a single picture of her (or anyone else for that matter) because that was the last thing on my mind with Kaycey in the hospital. Several things over this weekend brought back how different life was when Kaycey was sick. All the time I spent without my new baby, all the time Maddie had to spend at everyone else's house but mine; how few pictures I have of Maddie's first 9 months or so compared to the other two kids; how the first time I took Maddie to get her picture taken in a studio she was almost 2 years old (the other kids I religiously took at 3mo, 6mo, etc...) How long it seems since we've had a baby around. sigh.
And while it may be a bit premature of me, I went through and took out all the baby girl and neutral clothes size 0-6 months. All that pink...there's alot of it! But while there is alot of clothes (my mom was astounded how much we have), my 3 girls will all have been born in different seasons. Which makes it really hard to use some of the stuff I do have. Alot of it I am not even putting in baby 4's drawers because it is impossible for her to fit into it at the right time (0-3 month summer dresses and outfits that were Kaycey's). So after sorting all those tiny baby clothes, I washed them all, in amazement that in less than two months someone that tiny will be living in our home.
I emptied the "changing table" today (which housed way too much scrap stuff!!) And we rearranged our bedroom tonight to make room for the changing table (which was Maddie's, we bought a really nice unfinished dresser/mini armoire attached, finished it, and put a changing pad on top of the dresser part) and a crib (when we decide what to get!) I figure, we will be spending much more time downstairs for a good 6 months, so might as well put the changing table on the first floor. And the crib, well, there's no way either of us want to go up and down the steps all night long. So once she sleeps through the night pretty well, we'll move her upstairs. ANyhow, our room looks really nice and empty for now (haven't brought the changing table down yet...) but the cradle looks so cute in there. Mike thinks it looks great--but for the wrong reasons :) he thinks it looks great because it is on my side of the bed. I told him the diapers are going on his side.
So besides all the getting ready stuff way ahead of time, I have been starting to freak out a little bit, too. Freaking out about having a baby period, since it's been five years. Freaking about having a c-section. Freaking about my iron being low (okay, so my Dr. is the one who freaked me out a little about that...) The iron I am taking is giving me a big belly ache. Freaking at every little cramp I have. The baby is actually horizontally positioned right now, which I suppose doesn't matter too much having a c-section. But it makes it really uncomfortable to do much of anything, esp. sleep. My only option is to sleep on my side, but on one side is a head, and the other is knees and feet. Because she is lying horizontally, my clothes seem to fit weird. One pair of maternity jeans I have are too tight already and I don't want to buy more! Ah, the joys of pregnancy...
Time to get ready for bed. Hoping I can sleep for more than 2 hours at a crack!! This heartburn is terrible.
2 comments:
Wow, great post. I hate the heartburn. I had heartburn so badly WHILE having Jane. Crazy. But not since! It'll all be over in a few months! Well, it'll all begin, too.
That must be hard to think about the time Kaycey was so sick, and wish you had that time back with Maddie. But it's really ok. You have time with both of them now, and that's what matters most.
Do whatever projects you can/feel like doing, because I don't think it's ever premature. You'll be glad you did everything in advance.
That's funny about the diapers being on Mike's side. I forgot how many diapers they use in a day!
My kids are 5 years apart and I went through the exact same fear of having another baby int he house after all that time. You will be amazed at how quickly all the baby info comes back to your brain. :) She will be a true joy,...especially if Mike changes all those diapers. LOL
Post a Comment