Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas break...

and I've been out of commission a few days here. Sunday I didn't get out of bed till after 11am, and that's because I needed to get a drink of water. I woke up with some sort of bug; just feeling yucky. My head was so stuffed and I had a terrible headache. The kids all have terrible coughs, but other than that they're seemingly fine now.

So for Christmas I made photo books on Shutterfly for gifts for my parents. I've decided I am going to go through and make photo books for myself for each year (well, as of now I only plan to go back to when I first got a digital camera, so about 2002). Wait--before you think I'm giving up on scrapbooking, I'm not!! Honestly, what I scrapbook won't affect this photo book thing at all. I generally only scrapbook my favorite pictures, and some events like birthdays and first days of school. I don't scrapbook everything, that'd be impossible for me. I don't stay in order, I do whatever I feel like doing. So the photo books will be more of recaps for each year, and they will look so *lovely* on a shelf. They can be pricey, so I'm in no rush...but I love the way my parents' 8x8 books turned out. While shutterfly has some great choices, I really want to do a book off of scrapbooksetc.com--I really love their designs. I am not becoming a digital scrapper--I don't have the patience or desire to make digital pages. But to be able to sum up a year by moving pictures to blank boxes on the screen of the computer...that's just too easy.

It's a quiet morning. The girls are playing with Littlest Pet Shop guys they got for Christmas. Cal slept over by my Dad & Maria's last night. Sleepovers go much smoother when all the kids aren't together anyways. They deserve alone time, since it doesn't happen very often. I think tonight the girls are staying by my Grandma, and Cal by my sister. I'm not trying to pawn my kids off on anyone, everyone has been asking the kids to sleepover! It's hard when school is going on obviously, they can't stay anywhere during the week. And then they have Sunday school, too. So it's a good week for them to have their sleepovers!

Hopefully we'll all be 100% in the next couple days. It never fails, right around Christmas the kids always get sick with something. I don't think any of us got affected the same way Kaycey did by whatever 'bug' got into our house. But I feel a little relieved that she is getting better, and the kids and I got sick, too. Sounds weird, I'm happy we all got sick. Helps me rest easier if it was contagious!

Okay, off to start the day...the girls and I are planning on going to lunch (even though I'm not quite up to eating much yet), and then picking up Cal (I think), and then meeting my cousin and her son to exchange Christmas presents.

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

Oh, sorry you were feeling not great. Thanks for scrapping tonight! I really needed it, and I had been missing you two...