Thursday, December 11, 2008

the latest...

Cal had a field trip yesterday to Old World Wisconsin, this place that is set up as a village from the 1880's. The kids all thought it was neat, but it was so darn cold. You walk from place to place outdoors, and many of the houses/replica shops have nothing more than an old wood stove to heat it up. I couldn't feel my toes! But it was still neat; I'd love to go back in the summer months when everything is open and it's WARM. Cal was happy to have me along, and I took pictures of their day but haven't uploaded them yet. i just have to mention the mom who was chaparoning-I am so intolerable of people like this (apparently way materialistic & incredibly vein) who for this outdoor field trip with 3rd graders on a 15 degree day was dressed like it was Rodeo Drive. A brunette long haired Posh Spice--she had some trendy little hat, her long hair completely curled, make up--and alot of it, her big bug sunglasses (sorry I can't stand those things!! I'm just too simple & plain, or unstylish, whatever you want to call me...), her Uggs, a giant Starbucks coffee in one hand, and her Blackberry or whatever in the other (and texting while on the trip). Ugh. I just don't get it. Just like when I see moms in malls pushing their kid's stroller looking like that...I will never understand the point. Was this gal trying to pick up the Blacksmith?? Maybe the shoe maker??

Today we had a style appointment at the place where we got Kaycey's wig from. It's only 4 months old and alot of hair is very brittle & has broken off, and it's gotten more difficult to style. Back when we got it our stylist recommended we call and complain about the quality (the stylist works for the same company as the guy we worked with to get it ordered and made; so to hear that from the stylist, we figured there must be something not right with the wig itself). I had called back then, the man never returned my voice mails. I kind of left it at that, after multiple attempts at getting a hold of him and he was always busy at the moment...but the past couple weeks it's been more and more obvious that it is a wig and the lacing beneath the hair has become visible at times. I made the appointment in hopes the stylist would help me do something with it to make it look better. She cut short bangs onto the front of it (which I am not a fan of, and I am hoping I can work with them) but they are to cover the line of the wig which is more noticable now. Kaycey seems to like the bangs since some of her friends at school have bangs but I think it looked better the way it was before; I think they'll look better if I curl them or something. Anyhow, she got the head honcho in the room to show him the issues with the wig. He seemed rude and unhappy; BUT he is having a new wig made for Kaycey, free of charge! I don't know if his personality is always like that, or if he's unhappy about forking out this wig for no cost. He maybe was unhappy about the job the other guy did, and about the quality of the product itself. He was shocked at the amount of hair there was on the wig for a 6 year old as well as the color; and mostly that it didn't seem to fit her head quite properly. They took a small chunk of Maddie's hair from underneath to match a good natural color and have it custom colored. So in about 6 weeks, we'll have a new one. I feel a little guilty for saying anything at all. I didn't expect a new wig out of it. (I may complain regularly about stuff, but I am really NOT one to complain directly to the source!).

Well, we didn't get as much snow around here as predicted, but still 5" or 6" on Tuesday. It started with a rain/sleet Monday night and changed over to all snow. It looked like a mess out there...I wouldn't know, I actually didn't leave the house from the time I got home Sunday from Dad & Maria's until Wednesday morning when I went on a field trip with Cal's class. I was partially afraid of getting stuck in the driveway again, and also it was nice to just stay in because I could. Didn't get a whole lot done...3 trees are decorated, with the big one to go, which we will do tonight.

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

That's awesome that you stayed in for three days! It sounds like something I would do. I'm glad you got the wig for free! From the sound of it, you (and Kaycey) really deserve it for putting up with the quality of the current one. Good for you!