Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Crisis averted

and the snow is falling again... My van has gotten stuck in the driveway three times already. It's going to be a long winter.

Well, I don't know how, but mysteriously 2 boxes appeared in my dining room overnight. (I am guessing Mike drove to his parents house after work yesterday, otherwise it's magic). These 2 boxes contain what I believe is all the missing ornaments. Okay, so I had the bins full of the empty boxes of ornaments, and when we put the house up for sale (last winter) I did something I never do and I didn't pack some of the ornaments back in their original boxes. I put them in another box, thinking I would pack them away later. So somehow all the boxes got separated, and didn't necessarily get labeled and that's how they went missing...that is my guess anyhow. I am happy everything is now under one roof, at least for the most part!!

Bad news...the Christmas tree broke that used to be mine & my sister's for our ornaments growing up (it was now used for my kids'ornaments). It's a little sad, it was so old...I remember it being in our playroom when I was about 7 or 8 with our ornaments and paper chains and lights. I have pictures of it from way back then. But the legs on the stand cracked, and it won't stand up. So the kids need a new tree. Which really is okay, I'd like to get them a much taller (the old one was maybe 3 1/2 ft I think) tree to put up hallway upstairs or maybe in the dining room for all their ornaments. I want a Christmas tree in every room!

I spent THREE hours at Target today. Ridiculous, I know. I wanted to look at the trees, but didn't accomplish much of anything. I vow not to go there with Maddie anymore. I think she played with every single toy in the toy aisles. I thought I'd try to get some Christmas shopping started for the nieces and nephews; and while I walked out having spent over $200, I have no presents yet (Darn you, Target!!!) I bought a curtain rod and curtains for the dining room. I did buy a Christmas dress for Kaycey (she despises dresses). And an outfit for Maddie that was too cute to pass up. Cases of soda were 5 for $15, and you got a $5 gift card on top of that. I should go buy some more. I did get some stuff for the stockings for St. Nick, but not much. We do not go overboard or crazy on gifts for the kids in any way. For one, they have so much stuff the way it is. For two, there are so many relatives who buy for them. For three, it's just plain silly.

Mike has started working with his brother again, which is a little frustrating. There is so much work to be done on our own house. Anyhow...'

The kids have a 1/2 day of school day. Well, they get out at 1pm. They do that once or twice a month on a random day. It's sort of strange and I don't quite get it, but whatever. Cal is going over to his friend's house to play for a few hours, and I was hoping to take the girls to the library. But with the snow coming down, we'll see if I can make it out of the driveway...

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

Wow, 3 hours at Target. Nice. That's hilarious that you didn't actually get any presents in all that. That's totally what Target does to me, too.

And I'm glad you found your ornaments. Or that Mike found them.