Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Statistics

Not that I am a statistician, though I did take a statistics class in college. Not that this is nuclear science. Generally, 50/50 chance of having a boy or girl, right? I found this info after a search on gender statistics. "For every 100 baby girls, there are 105 baby boys. This is a fact. Why more boys? Nobody knows! And it's a real puzzle because...Other animal species have half male and half female offspring. Men produce equal numbers of x-chromosome and y-chromosome." Hmmm. Interesting. Anyhow, so thinking of all the people in the past year or so that I know that are pregnant or have recently given birth, there were/are 10 babies (that I can think of offhand...) 7 boys and 3 girls. So given the probability factor, this baby must be a girl, right? I'm not anxious at all to find out, can you tell??? ; ) Big news in less than 18 hours!!!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

My theory is the boy swimmers are in level 3 swim lessons while the girls are still in level 2. Therefore the boys have a little advantage. I think I learned that in biology class?

Can't wait to find out your boy/girl news!