Thursday, July 2, 2009

Think pink...

alot more pink to be in our house in the relatively near future! While I wasn't terribly shocked, since I had a feeling it was a girl. Though my only clue was the dream I had. If I had to compare the pregnancy to one of the others, (while this one was very unique and different than the other 3...) I would have had to say when I was pregnant with Cal. Which doesn't make sense either ! Obviously it's a girl for other reasons--not because I dreamt it up! But I feel just a tad bad for Cal and Mike. Pretty sure Cal and Mike were near tears for a moment. A tad disappointed, I'm sure. Mike had his hopes set high for a boy (as did Cal). I was pretty indifferent. Though all along I thought a girl would be easier just for the fact we won't need to purchase a thing!! So tonight Cal said, "Mom, you're the best mom ever. Even if I have to have another sister." So I think he's already over the fact it's going to be a girl. Mike on the other hand, I believe, is in denial. In a joking sort of way. I know he's bummed about being outnumbered, and has a fear of girls growing up, but he'll get over that quickly (I think!!) He says, Guess we'll just have to have more. While I am sure he is being sarcastic, he sounds awfully serious when he says it!! At least now, we only have a girl's name to argue over (girls names will come much easier than the boys names would have anyhow.) Seriously, at this point, I think having another would be fine. But it would have to be a closer age gap!! (Oh my gosh, did I really say I'd have another? Yikes.)

My plan for next week--I'd like to go through all baby girl clothes and weed it out. I am telling you I bet we have a dozen bins of clothes for newborn to age 6. It's really unnecessary. I can't believe how much girl stuff there is. Well, it's cute and fun to look at! If it was a boy though, all new clothes would've been fun, too. Oh well : ) Maybe there will be a next time???

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

Yeah, 5 kids! I'm so excited that you're having a girl! Girls are great...but if that girl were to have a little brother, that'd be ok, too.

You can't see it very well in my pic on the blog, but the dress that Katie always wants to wear is a velvet black on top and cream tulle on the bottom one just like you described. :)

Also, Tyler's white coat with his name on it is on order, so the white coat he wears now doesn't have his name on it. :)