I spent the better part of my evening attempting to retrieve my old records from colleges/universities I attended. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember my password or ID for any of them, so I may have to contact each school. Ugh. If only I hadn't attended so many darn schools. Seven years, five (? I think) schools, and no degree. Terrible.
So, the reason I was curious is that for some reason I've been feeling slightly motivated to do something. I was looking into part time job postings with schools (I found one in a library at an elementary school, which would probably be a great fit for me). I'm just thinking of something part time & practical to bring in a few extra dollars (bartending, while an incredibly effective way of earning cash fast, is just not for me anymore). I've been thinking about Maddie starting preschool in the fall and there is no way while she is at school three mornings a week I will just stay home and clean the house. Mostly, I wouldn't be able to--I like to be doing something all the time (pref. not cleaning!). So that brought me to look for part time positions, out of curiosity, I don't think I'd actually want to start a job until fall. But then I have option #2...going back to school. Again. For like the 6th time in twelve years. Concordia University is about to begin admissions for a Pharm D program (one of two in the state, only other place is Madison). I looked up requirements for admission into the program (to begin in 2010 I believe) and I have much of it completed. Prob. 75% complete. Only classes left are the really tough classes (Calc, 2 Physics, and Organic Chem). And then after that I'd have to A) get into the School of Pharmacy, B) work insanely hard for years to become a pharmacist while being a wife and mother. I'm just not sure that's possible. But I do like the sounds of it....
1 comment:
Go back to school - you're so young. You'll regret it later if you don't! Take it from someone who knows!
Post a Comment