Monday, February 23, 2009

a new page...

I made this page with new Reminisce spring products the store owner gave me to use. I wasn't loving the paper, but I think it turned out really cute!! The pictures are from Easter 2005. It was one of Kaycey's first "big" outings after her chemo had started; a trip to the mall to see the Easter bunny.



I made a St. Patty's Day one, too, but it is hanging up in the store, and I forgot to take a picture of it! I'll see if I can get a picture of it on here this week.

I made the "mistake" of checking our fellow neuroblastoma patients again. I hate to call it a mistake, but it always makes me so sad. It's not the same sadness/worriedness I was feeling a few weeks ago as we were approaching our scans, but just sad that anyone has to have that sort of heartache. I can't even imagine how much harder it is for them than it was for us. And I'm not trying to minimize our hell at all. But they will always have heavy hearts, as they are getting news that there is nothing more the doctors can do, and as their children deteriorate before their eyes. We were fortunate enough to have our heavy hearts lifted. We were and are so blessed with such a miracle, and I should be happy and take comfort in that!

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

But it's your nature to feel compassion and love for those who still suffer. You understand so completely that pain and that only makes it harder. It reminds me of the pain the Savior must feel for us in His infinite understanding of us and our trials in life.

Katherine said...

I was excited to comment on your cute page and then I read the rest of your post. Now I have to say...Love you Elizabeth. You are a good person and you have made me a better person for knowing you. Thanks goodness we are both addicted to paper and stickers, otherwise we would have never met.