Anyhow, I don't know about you, but I am feeling spring fever coming on. I cleaned the mudroom completely (what a mess with winter & a gravel driveway). We are really regretting the wood floors in there...it looks beautiful, but how impractical with all those little pebbles and pieces go in the cracks, not to mention how "great" it is to have wet, muddy boots and clothes form puddles on the wood floors. We have already decided eventually we will replace the mudroom floor with laminate or tile. I can't believe how scratched the wood is, especially in the kitchen. I know, how crazy with a brand new house. There's SO much more I'd like to do, too. The to-do list is overflowing, and with the hopes of putting in a driveway this spring, painting the porch, and finishing the bonus room soon, the finances only go so far.
So, back to spring fever...I went through all the kid clothes and weeded out what I know doesn't fit them or won't fit them come spring/summer. Basically that meant whatever is getting small for Kaycey, went right into Maddie's drawers or piles. I have a bin of stuff for a rummage sale (which I am hoping to have this summer again somewhere--not here, though...it didn't go so well last summer). I also have a bin of stuff that's too small that I'll save just because. I rearranged their drawers, too. Cal's t-shirts (I will guess he has 30 of them) are now in piles in a drawer sorted by sports related, specific team related, and miscellaneous. Okay, so I had a lot of time on my hands during the day yesterday. I know the drawer won't stay that way, but it mixed the shirts up a bit so he's not wearing the same ones over and over. There are shirts he forgot he had, as did I. Kaycey's drawers were overflowing as well, but more so with pajamas/sweats. I weeded out her summer pajamas, and put them aside until it gets warmer. I also put all her t-shirts in the closet on a shelf above her hanging clothes. It really freed up some space in her dresser. I know, how exciting.
So the other night I brought out some scrap stuff, and made this page. It was really quick, and it's the first time I've attempted that ribbon thing that is so hot right now. Mine isn't staying down particularly well, though. It's the first page I've completed in a while, so yay for me.
3 comments:
Way to go on the organizing. I love that feeling. And really cute layout! You did great with the ribbon thing! I haven't done it yet, either...
Wow a layout done. I guess you are ambitious these days. I love how it turned out.
i love that layout!!!!! It's so cute. I really love how you criss-crossed the ribbon, I am so un original and onyl do it in a straight line. LOL :)
Post a Comment