Thursday, February 26, 2009

oldie but goodie

While working at the Scrap. Store today, I had the oldies station on and heard "Uptown Girl" on the radio. That TOTALLY made my day! I remember having the 45 of that song. (contrary to popular belief, yes I am old enough to know what a 45 is).

Dear 95.7,
The song "Love Shack" is NOT an oldie. But that entire CD by the B-52's does rock. Thanks to my Dad for having the coolest taste in music, I have listened to that CD more times than I can count.

Sincerely,
A gal who is old enough to know

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Too Funny! I agree that Love Shack is not an oldie I like to think of it as classic alternative or retro. But maybe the harsh reality is that a large amount of the population was born after the B52s. So to them it is an oldie. You know what that means... some of us folks are oldies too, myself included. Oldies but goodies:)