Monday, June 15, 2009

Baby names...

that we aren't going to use. I know, that's no fun : ) These are names I love, but because either (a) Mike doesn't like it, or (b) it just doesn't sound right with Cal, Kaycey, Maddie, so we aren't using it. There are plenty of other names I like, but simply because they are on the 20 most popular names, I won't use 'em. I remember in grade school, I loved being the only Elizabeth in the school. And in our combined class (we were always combined with another grade, 1&2, 3&4, and so on...)There were 5 Lisa's out of 25 kids. Yep, I won't do that to my kids.

For a girl:

  • I love Charlotte, Mike does not. Though he thinks Charlie is cute for a girl. Huh.
  • I love Hadley, Mike says, "What kind of name is that?" I guess it sounds like Maddie a bit, too.
  • we both like Gretchen, sounds too harsh with the other kids' names. And ends with "en" which kind of repeats Madilyn.
  • We love the name Carleigh (and that's how I want to spell it). Mike said no to the spelling, and it sounds kind of repititious with Cal & Kaycey. That's how I would want to spell Ashleigh, too. Mike thinks I like to torture the kids with spelling their names like no one else does (Kaycey, Madilyn...) I think it makes it unique.
  • Peyton. Madilyn, Peyton. I don't know.
For boy:

  • I love Grayson!! Had been a name on the list when we had Maddie. Also it's my Great-Grandma's maiden name. But it sounds so close to Kaycey...
  • Still, I really do like the name Brett, but well...I'll leave it at that
  • I like Kendall. Mike thinks it's a little girly, and well back to that whole "K" sound thing. Too much of it.
  • Ryland. Again, Mike's response, "what kind of name is that?"
  • Finn. (Finnegan) Mike said, "no".

Mike says "no" alot.

I sure get technical, huh? : ) I have other favorites that are still possibilities, but we'll see about sharing those later : )

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Ooh, I love this post right now. :) Even though we have been calling our girl Baby Jane. Even Katie.

Since I'm sure you want more opinions, I love your boy names, especially Grayson. And I agree that Kendall sounds like a girls' name, though not a common one. Darcy's naming her baby Carleigh, with that spelling. Not that they'd see each other much. :)

Well keep us posted on what you choose! And I'm looking forward to hearing if it's a boy or a girl! Only a few more days!

christina taylor said...

Okay but nothing tops the name that Rich originally picked out for Nathan. Brock Lee Taylor. Seriously, he didn't even think about the vegetable. Nice. I think a name will come to you when it's suppossed to. Ours didn't happen until we saw them! By the way, how about Ava or Lola?