Monday, June 29, 2009

ups and downs

Up: Had an awesome night Friday! Yes, it's true...I'm crazy. I went to see NKOTB again...but we are saying it's because my Mom really wanted to see them and didn't go to the other shows with us (my Mom took us 20 years ago to our first New Kids concert!) This one was the best one so far. I know everyone is thinking, OMG, Whacko!! But seriously...we had pretty good seats, but the best part was they set up 5 stages in the walkway one row ahead of us, and the boys performed there for a bit!! We were FEET away! My sister almost had a heart attack. I should've taken a picture of her. I swear, I wish I could go to a concert like that every week. To sing along to songs you know and loved 20 years ago, remembering the dances, and just listening to my sister and cousin reminisce is so much fun. I just can't get enough of it. It makes me so happy! I know this picture is a little fuzzy, but I didn't zoom in at all; they got this close to where we were sitting!!!

Down: Got home around 2:30am, tired, headache, and had to work the next day. I still feel icky.
Up: Went to the campground to see Mike and the kids yesterday. Maddie had a blast! Mike really wishes he would've taken her along all weekend.
Down: I got super sunburned, and I don't even know how. I don't swim, I had a towel over my legs, and wasn't outside for all that long. I am usually a stickler for sunscreen, but maybe in my exhausted state, it slipped my mind. My arms and portions of my legs are now the color of lobsters. Ouch.

Up: I have a new niece (Mike's brother and wife had #3 over the weekend).
Down: They didn't tell the name till she was born...the name was on my top 3 (has been since we had Maddie) : ( Mike says who cares, because ours is going to be a boy. 3 days till we find out!!! Honestly, if it's a boy, I think he will remain nameless forever.

So that journal I am keeping...it really is not a journal. More of a one-liner kind of thing. Just things I hear or randomly remember and I don't want to forget. One I wrote down today: Maddie singing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" in her own way..."Girls just wanna have fun at the park" (she really thinks those are the words!!)

No comments: