Monday, June 8, 2009

a few things...

Cal has slept over the past two nights at my Grandparents' house. The girls have been inseparable...literally. Sometimes it involved nice things like reading or playing doctor, but there has been an awful lot of wrestling and arguing and fighting. It's going to be a l-o-n-g summer.

The kids had excellent report cards, plenty of 4's (great!!) which are hard to come by (the public school gives 1-4; I find it very weird & I don't like it). While we intend on sending them to the private school in fall, curiosity still hit when finding out who their teacher would be in fall, hypothetically remaining at the public school. Poor Cal, for the second year in a row not a single close friend in his class. People he knows, yes. But his two best friends were each put in a different class as well (there are 3 different classes for his grade level). Same thing happened to him last year. He made a best friend in second grade, and then hardly spoke to him again once in third grade since they were separated. Kaycey's grade only has 2 different classes, so chances of her getting friends in class were much higher. I can't stand this method, and will never understand it I suppose. I was with the same 18 kids for 9 years, and I wouldn't change that at all.

I have been searching high and low for landscaping ideas for a sloping front yard. I am not having much luck, and will probably end up at the library. Not that that's a bad thing. And not that we are in some rush to landscape. Neither of us want a high maintanance yard anyhow. But I thought maybe there was something I could work on in the summer, besides painting the porch. We'll see. Our to-do list keeps growing!!!

Another big thunderstorm last night. This time we unplugged the *new* TV.

1 comment:

jessicaj said...

You are not painting that porch all pregnant are you? I will gladly come and help you out with that :)