Wednesday, June 24, 2009
murky water
So last summer I had won a pool in a raffle. One of those pools that have a filter, a cover, a ladder, but you take down at the end of summer. I had no idea what a pain in the butt it would be to have a pool. We went back and forth about whether or not to bother putting it up--for one, wherever we'd put it would destroy a chunk of our lovely green grass; for two, I fear the neighbor kid jumping in at his leisure. Anyhow, we put it up over the weekend. I bought every chemical possible for it. Even though our little test kit says everything is A-OK, the water is brown. Yuck. We have well water, and the iron concentration is very high (the water in the house goes through a powerful recirculation/filtering system in the basement, so in the house the water is fine, water coming from hose does not go through the basement system). Hence, the brown/orange water. This stinks!! The perfect week for swimming and we are stuck staring at the pool, hoping for it to clear up. Mike went to the pool store with sample in hand, and purchased something to help clear it up. While now you can at least see the bottom of the pool now, it is still very yucky looking. Poo. We're not sure what we'll do if it doesn't clear up. Lots of people out here have pools, but we found out several of them (inground pools) get theirs filled by a service. Guess I shoulda just sold the pool on ebay or something!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yuck, pools are so much work. Good luck! I hope you get to swim in it and that no one, including the neighbor kid, drowns in it.
The summer I was pregnant with Q we had a pool.....if you take note I did not say we still have the pool! LOL I remember having to check on it and care for it every day adding chemicals covering it up and so on! Ahhh what we do for our kids to have a little fun!
Post a Comment