I have been cleaning and organizing like crazy. Not that I don't clean the house regularly, but I am talking cleaning out drawers, reorganizing rooms completely. Seems quite early for that whole "nesting" stage they talk about with pregnancy, but I don't know what else to attribute this crazy cleaning organizing sweep of the house to. I am super anxious to find out what we are having this time around (we didn't find out with Maddie), so I think maybe that's a little part of it because I spent an awful lot of time reorganizing the kids' rooms and playroom, in great wonder who will be sharing rooms...if it's another girl, Maddie would eventually share with baby girl and Kaycey would get her own room; if a boy, he would get the spare room and the girls would continue to share. I have big plans...don't know how it will pan out, or if Mike will allow it : ) I am sort of thinking the area in the bonus room that was to be my scrap space would make an awesome bedroom for a preteen/teen...I have big plans for the play area side of the bonus room, too. I am going to take a corner of it and create a play kitchen for the kids (white/black checkered floor, get an old or cheap sink and stick it in some cheap laminate countertop, have stools with an island/peninsula, red/white tile on some plywood nailed to the wall behind the "sink"). Then, my plan is to make it so that as they get older, we can have a mini fridge, microwave up there. A hang out place with their friends. Don't think it's cost effective to get plumbing put up there for a real sink, which is unfortunate, I wish we would've. ANyhow, so I've been getting house decorating ideas in my "off" time from scrapping. Though with all the crap I've been buying, I plan on reorganizing the scrap stuff tonight so I can get cracking!! Where would my scrap space be if Cal got the potential bedroom in the bonus room?? Well, I would love for it to be in the dining room (currently the family room, really). Don't know that Mike will go for that one. But alot of my stuff has been sitting in there for months in piles, so what difference would some more stuff be ???
I also came up with the bright idea to have a book--kind of like a journal. In it, I am putting everything I don't want to forget. Things I remember the kids saying when they were little, things I remember from school, anything and everything so I don't forget all those things I don't want to forget. Perhaps it will serve as inspiration as well as I get back into high gear with scrapbooking!!
1 comment:
Umm...could you please pass some of that nesting behavior over to me. I hate it with a passion and would love to be inspired to clean like you seem to be! :)
Post a Comment